Sunday, June 3, 2007

Writing...


The other day I was reading a blog of a friend. I was amazed at how calming it is to read about someone else's life. Even if that life sounds very hectic. From her blog I went on to read several others. Some wonderful, some funny, some... interesting to other people. It was at this point that I decided to use a blog as my next adventure in becoming a renaissance woman.
I am sure any renaissance woman would extol the virtues of a friend to the world. So let me tell you what I know about the person who brought me to Blogger.
Her name is Jeanette of Illustrated Life. I met Jeanette in a drawing forum. She is an accomplished artist, who has the ability to make her art look amazingly soft. Jeanette is a wonderful teacher, she has the ability to encourage and move you in the right direction. I have found Jeanette to be refreshingly direct and always kind. Jeanette has a soft spot for animals. The two dogs in the line drawing above were rescued by Jeanette, she shared the photo with us for a drawing challenge. To see Jeanette's pictures and listen to her writings you can tell that she has a love of nature. Which she is willing to share with others, even us city dwellers! Jeanette also has a virtue that I seem to lack (or at least not excel at), she has the ability to set goals and follow through with them. This is a very determined lady who I hope to get to know better over time.
Now, you all go check her out and find out all this for yourselves!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your blog Paulette. Its good to see another friend join the community.

    If you don't mind, may I link your blog in mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette,
    I would love for you to do that. Can I do the same?
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. By all means Paulette. I would be flattered.

    ReplyDelete