Thursday, June 14, 2007

Digital painting...

This week I have been learning to paint on the computer. The first thing I learned is that it is way more complicated than using MSPaint. The program I am using is called Artweaver. This program allows you to paint with different brushes and with different mediums. I can make a drawing with chalk, charcoal, pencil, conte, acrylics and many more mediums. I can pick what type of brush to use, if I want it full of paint or just enough to dab. The choices seem to be limitless.
A wonderful lady named Jan is giving a tutorial to us on Let's Make Art. It all sounds so simple until you get hit with all those choices. And I think it might not hurt to understand a bit more about painting. This pear was my second try at it. Me I know nothing about painting so it is a learning process from top to bottom.
One thing I do enjoy about drawing on the computer is that I don't have to take anything out to do it. It is also much more fun than playing games that won't advance my goal of becoming a renaissance woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment