Saturday, June 2, 2007

What does becoming a Renaissance Woman mean...



Well first it means that you have to learn how to spell renaissance. Which I have now done enough times to remember...after looking it up three times to triple check how to spell it!
Next it means picking out the meaning for Renaissance Woman that you like and can agree too. For example ... a young woman who is dominated by her father until she is passed into marriage, at which point she is to be loyal to her husband and produce boys... until death do us part! Well, that is not exactly the picture I had in mind. Although my father did keep a tight reign on me, as the only girl in a household of boys. And... I am loyal to my husband and...I did produce 4 boys. I guess it's just not said in a way that I can appreciate...domination and all that...ugh!
What I did have in mind was...A woman who has broad intellectual interests and is accomplished in areas of both the arts and the sciences. Now that's more like it!
Next is the fun part gather all that knowledge and use it!
This is where the blog comes in. I am absolutely certain that a renaissance woman, from whatever century, would have her journey written out. Of course in this century that means a blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment