Monday, July 20, 2009

Pet chicken......

I wanted to try something different with this one. I wanted to be minimalist, having a sweeping s curve fading off to the sides. Well I didn't do so great but every body has to start somewhere. I knew I wanted the hen to be the main focus, as this is a bird trade, and I didn't want to go into the detail of his face. I also so admire a piece of art work with empty space, yet I always seem to fill in the whole page. So......here is my start to white space. This was done on drafting film with CP.

This is one of my cousins kids. He raised his own set of chickens, I can't remember what kind, but they are small and fluffy and they have tiny eggs. It was a riot seeing him playing with his toys and holding one of the hens at the same time.


Here is the page of rough sketches I told you about. So far I have done the three on the diagonal, top right to bottom left.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a good job with the empty space, the chicken gets a little lost in the colour but it is a good piece :) and chickens can make such nice pets if a person can get over the fact that people will make endless jokes about having chicken nuggets in your yard :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)chicken nuggets!
    I probably should have change the colour of his shirt.
    I did work on it some more and will put up a new picture.

    ReplyDelete