Monday, July 27, 2009

Birds around my house......


This little guy was Gracie's toy bird, one of her first toys. This thing lasted for ages, which is always a big surprise for dog toys. The challenge on this one was to keep the toy looking yellow and still having shape and form.





Here is a Cardinal, the picture was taken out our back door. There were a couple of challenges here. One was getting the feeling of a lot of branches, without losing the bird as focus. Another was showing snow on the branches, while at the same time having snow in the background.

This tree is about a foot outside my front window. It is an over grown ornamental White Pine (if I remember correctly). The birds just love it for nesting in and the cats next door just love that they do! I am not sure if this was the mother or an older baby. The challenge here was the grayish-brown colour of the bird and the bit of sunlight shining through the tree lighting up the front of the bird.

I let you guys decide on how well I handled the different challenges that I faced doing these cards. All are Prisma CP on drafting film.



An updated picture of the pet chicken. I put in more colour and did a bit of burnishing with a colourless blender.

3 comments:

  1. those are great birds there paulette, thanks for joining us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love the duck! Amazing drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kay. The birds have been a lot of fun to do.

    Thank you Sonia! I was really happy with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete