Friday, October 24, 2008

October Virtual Sketch Date......


This is my last minute try at this months picture for the VSD. I did it ATC size with Prisma colour pencils on black paper. This took about a half hour, a couple of stolen minutes before my son had to go to work and I have to pack for scout camp. I am one of the cooks this week.
No matter how many times I tried I couldn't seem to get my hand to draw the pears small enough, so I finally put one in front of the other. My plate sucks, but I think my pairs are believable for the short amount of time I spent on them.
I can't wait to see all the other entries for this month.

11 comments:

  1. I love the green of the pears, and how you moved them all together.
    Definitely a solid presence to them that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your interpretation and the pears close together really works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new composition you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely to experiment with composition isn't it? You've done a great job on it in both colour and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you solved your dilemma! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of energy to your sketch and colors - and we both ended up moving them closer together. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the loose nature of this. I always think that someone noticed the beauty of simple pears and was inspired to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice colors. I have a really hard time with black paper. Not only the putting the color on it but also trying to get it scanned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for stopping by to look and for the wonderful comments.
    It was fun to just move the pear and not worry about it.
    Pears do have an amazing draw, I don't know if it is the shape, the colour or what.
    I have been doing my jellyfish ATCs on black paper, hence the quick pears on black.It is so true about capturing the drawing, I use a camera and it seems to both show more and less than what is actually there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you snuggled the pears together for a tight composition.

    Thanks for posting the participants. that is a huge list!

    ReplyDelete