Friday, June 6, 2008

Water colour pencil....




Martina at Let's Make Art challenged us to get a hold of a water colour pencil and give the tutorial by Bob Davies a try. Well I tried, it didn't go well, that's it at the bottom of the page. Then I went on to play. I tried the cat from this weeks challenge on Ds. I added some Prisma CP to the cat, to see what that would look like.

Do your trials end up looking like this, a mish mash of this and that. Or do you always end up with the perfect little trial drawing, all tidy and pleasant?

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try watercolor combined with cp. How did you like it Paulette? Do the cp's lay down nicely over a watercolor base?

    Ohhh yeahhhh....all my trials look perfect right off the bat....NOT ;-) I think everyone creates some messy drawings from time to time, especially when trying out new things....even the most practiced artists I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    The CPs went over the watercolour no problem. It was done on printer paper.
    Yeah, I guess. I never seem to start out with the idea that it is going to be a masterpiece. Although I guess a masterpiece would need preliminary work done anyways, they just don't happen.

    ReplyDelete