Monday, June 16, 2008

Kordistan Man....

One of the members at Drawspace, barmakalikhani takes the most amazing photographs and has been very generous in sharing them with us to draw. I am still working with charcoal. I must admit I am amazed at what you can do with them. Thick lines, thin lines, dark, light and it picks up easily so you can use your kneaded eraser.


This picture is also from one of Barmakalikhani's photos. I was just trying to do an impression of the tones in the river scene. I was fascinated by the stripes of light and dark in the composition of the photograph.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome with the charcoal! I am looking forward to see what you'll do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    The charcoal is very forgiving and quite fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love what you are doing with charcoal.
    You are a true artist ;)
    Love

    ReplyDelete