Saturday, August 4, 2007

My Piano....


Some years ago at Christmas Jim and I give a family present instead of many individual ones. About four or five years ago the family gift was this used Yamaha piano. I think it is about 50 or 60 years old and has been factory refurbished.

We set out to get an electronic piano, but by the time we found one we liked the sound of, we found that we would rather spend the money on the real thing.
With the piano I purchased Bastien's Piano For Adults. This book has been a great learning tool as none of us has ever played.

My piano playing comes and goes. Some days I'll play everyday for weeks, others not so much. I think it goes with how crowded my living room gets. Is it a dumping ground for every bodies current project or is it clean and tidy. This week the room is some what tidy and I am playing.

I love playing the piano and hearing it played. I don't think I'll ever be truly good at it, my timing sucks big time. Also if any one is listening my fingers fumble like they are tied in knots. This is okay with me as I like to play for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment