Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sketching...

Why am I filling up my blog with these horrible sketches? Well these are my 5-15 minute portrait sketches. They are done either while my subject is sitting still for a couple of minutes or from a photo. Why are they horrible, because my eye and hand are not trained to "see" and "draw". Your mind has a habit of saying hey that is an eye draw it like this. Never mind that every eye is different. I am hoping that if I keep this up, sooner or later I will be able to sit down and draw someone recognizable.
Like this one of Alex. No great drawing, yet one of the other kids said "hey that's Alex". Then went on to tease about the blank stare.
Who knows maybe during this practicing I'll also learn to make nice looking quick sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment